OUR CLIENT: SEACO GLOBAL
Seaco Global is a global leasing company for sea freight containers and swap bodies ( containers that stand on their feet and do not require any special loading equipment to move). Maintenance and repair work on the swap bodies is carried out by authorized workshops and depots. The aim was to make the previously time-consuming, individual verification of such repair processes much more efficient by digitizing the processes.
- Creation of a web-based swap container repair system
- Secure access to system for service providers
Cost estimates placed on system
- Delivery and return delivery notifications made via depots
- Connection to existing merchandise management system (SAP)
- Standardization of all data relevant to repair process (spare parts, additional costs, working hours)
- Statistical evaluation of repairs and maintenance
Connecting the workshops to the central system and the associated opportunity to create detailed cost estimates quickly and easily with recourse to the spare parts database meant that the repair process has become more transparent. Since the data is now standardized, Seaco Global can oversee the process more easily and approval is faster. Last but not least, statistics on maintenance and repair costs for all Seaco Global Containers used can be generated at the push of a button. The transparency of all processes has resulted in significant cost reductions and higher efficiency for Seaco Global.
Integra Integration Services
- The underlying contract and business partner data is transferred via interfaces from the ERP system to the swap body repair system.
- The costs of the repair services and the cost unit information are transferred to the existing SAP architecture. The order number is returned fully automatically.
- Workshops can electronically access the repair services for their invoicing system or alternatively have their invoices generated directly by the system.
- It is also possible to import the repair services into the system.
- New rentals and return deliveries are digitally compared with the ERP system and further processed on an automatic basis.
Integra Business Process Management
- Both the cost estimates and the repair service are subject to an approval workflow - in the event of rejection, the service provider can simply adjust its services and request approval again.
- Maintenance intervals are saved on the system and the necessary activities are displayed to the service provider.
- When a leasing contract expires, the responsible depot is informed which containers are to be returned and the return delivery number belonging to a container is automatically stored in the system.
- After the container has been returned, the depot confirms the receipt by means of the return delivery number. The information is automatically transferred to the ERP system.
- The depot then checks for damage. If no damage is determined, an availability message is sent to the ERP system and the container is again made available for rental.