OUR CUSTOMER: EUROPCAR (CAR RENTAL)
Europcar Germany required an easy-to-use, flexible, scalable intranet solution. Europcar's communications team needed to provide daily news and reports to employees at their head office and 480 stations throughout Germany. It was also necessary to make internal documents, templates and services (e.g. job exchanges) available.
- Quick implementation
- Cost-efficiency (open source)
Acceptance of the intranet at Europcar Deutschland has increased considerably after the implementation of Integra Content Management (Typo3). Employees can now add their own information to the intranet pages (after passing through the system-integrated authorization process). Usage has increased and the intranet has become the company’s central exchange platform for communication.
WHAT THE CUSTOMER SAYS
“With Typo3, we have an integrated customized internet solution. With it, we can improve internal communication in the long-term and protect investments while remaining flexible."
- Every department has a right to simple storage of content on the company’s intranet. The structure can be adapted to their specific requirements.
- Any authorized user can update the company’s intranet pages and add new information: Users can easily insert, edit and place videos, photos, graphics, plug-ins and other content.
- The content is authorized via an approval workflow before publication. Granular rights management ensures appropriate distribution of roles, so that employees can only edit the areas for which they are authorized, regardless of time or location.
- CMS flexibility and extensibility are crucial for systems like this. TYPO3 is an open source system that already offers a considerable range of functions. Thanks to its modular software architecture the CMS is ideally prepared for future requirements.